Viewed 0 times
The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist – Assembly will provide manufacturing engineering support to all assembly processes and equipment. This support will consist of process preparation, part & machine design, maintenance, tooling, and troubleshooting of equipment and processes. This position will coordinate the delivery, installation, and ramp up of new equipment when required while supporting continuous improvement efforts
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with maintenance on the debugging and troubleshooting of production equipment.
- Perform machine capability studies when installing new equipment and make machine changes as needed.
- Serve as local engineering point of contact for changes to machining processes and equipment (ECRs, Work Instructions, Tool Drawings, etc.).
- Work with design engineering to determine remediation on existing part quality issues.
- Make design judgment regarding replacement part changes and maintenance schedule development.
- Support continuous improvement activities by applying lean manufacturing concepts, Cycle Time Improvements, Availability (OEE), Labor Reduction, etc.
- Plan and budget for required investments and supporting tooling for new programs (working with planning).
- Provide technical support for maintenance and production by teaching robots, modifying vision system programs, calibrating nut runners, or making other programming changes.
- Support cross functional team activities, such as QPR, internal and external audits, customer visits, etc.
- Prepare presentation material and present as required to various groups and visits.
- Communicate with other departments worldwide: lessons learned, benchmarking, best practices.
- Remain available for production support on weekends or after day shift working hours.
- Establish and maintain productive and effective working relationships with ATX production team members and Japanese Maintenance team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline
- 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Knowledge of assembly line processes and equipment (nut runners, torque controllers, pneumatic clamps, conveyor systems, Automated Guided Vehicles, vision systems, etc.) such as their design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Experience creating PFMEA and Process Flow documentation
- Experience using AutoCAD to create/modify layout files
- Hands-on experience with PLCs (troubleshooting and programming)
- Experience applying PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) methodology
Monster Job Search Results
Contract Job Type
Manufacturing Engineer Apply Apply For Job × Apply Link: Viewed 0 times Job Description Posted 2 weeks ago Description The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist – Assembly will provide manufacturing engineering support...View company profile
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.